What? We are learning to understand about the marriage postal vote.
Why? This will expand our knowledge about how the government makes laws.
How? I will be able to answer the questions about the marriage postal vote.
Marriage Postal Vote – BTN Story 15/08/2017
Work with a partner to discuss and answer the following questions and post as a quality comment below.
1. Discuss the BTN Marriage Postal Vote story. What points were raised in the discussion?
2. Finish the following sentence: A postal vote will soon be held to decide….
3. Why is the issue not being decided by a plebiscite?
4. In a plebiscite, voting is optional. True or false?
5. Does the result of a plebiscite or postal vote automatically change the law?
6. Why are supporters of same-sex marriage not happy with the government holding a postal vote?
7. About how much will a postal vote cost?
8. Who will have the final say about whether same-sex marriage becomes legal?
9. What questions do you have after watching this story?